Greetings KAAAV Members:
Here are some opportunities for education for the upcoming months.
Tuesday, August 23rd • 9:30–11 AM • $30*
Are you curious about micro-volunteering? With the correct technology, training, supervision and feedback, you can adapt existing volunteer tasks into impactful micro-roles or take up offers of micro-volunteer assistance. Come learn how!
You'll leave this 90-minute webinar with:
- An understanding of the history and varied structures of micro-volunteer roles
- Tools to design and adapt your own micro-volunteer opportunities
- Tips and techniques for leveraging technology and training for micro-volunteer success
- A wealth of resources to help you get started
5 Steps to Building a Stellar Volunteer Team with Karen Knight.
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM (noon) to 1:00 PM EST
Cost: FREE to members, $15 for non-members
What you'll learn:
- How to find and sign up enough of the right volunteers.
- How to onboard and train in such a way as to reduce or eliminate volunteer mistakes.
- How to have respectful and appreciative relations between staff and volunteers.
- How to keep volunteers happy & engaged for the long term.
With the right team of volunteers, you can increase your impact without increasing resources.
[Podcast] My Top 12 Nonprofit Leadership Lessons Learned the Hard Way
After 30+ years working with nonprofit organizations and more than a decade of nonprofit consulting, Tobi Johnson knows a thing or two about the sector.
It hasn’t always been an easy road, and in this week’s Volunteer Nation Podcast, Tobi shares her wisdom and some hard-won lessons from along the way with these top 12 nonprofit leadership tips.