Greetings KAAAV Members:
Here are some opportunities for education for the upcoming months.
1. Webinars through Charity Village:
From time to time, CharityVillage offers webinars on a variety of topics of interest to professionals working within the Canadian nonprofit sector: the latest social media tips; key strategies for successful recruitment; insights on how to conduct an effective job search; and many more. Lineup of webinars to come in 2020 will be up soon. For past webinars go to https://charityvillage.com/cms/active-learning/webinars/past.
2. Volunteer Management Foundations - Full-Day Boot Camp - Thurs, Jan. 23, 2020 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. $110 - Regular Rate / $65 - Full Subscriber Rate
Whether you're new to volunteer management or looking for a refresher, this full day boot camp has you covered on all the basics. From planning for volunteers to recognizing them for their work, we will explore the volunteer engagement cycle and ensure that you're prepared for recruitment, screening, orientation and retention. You'll leave this full day workshop with templates, guides and plenty of tips to help your volunteer program soar.
By the end of this full-day workshop, participants will have:
- Templates and tools to plan volunteer roles effectively
- An understanding of the necessary screening steps for finding the right fit
- Tips for planning orientation sessions that stick with volunteers
- Insight into providing recognition that helps increase retention
Lunch will not be provided - coffee, tea and light refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
For more info. go to https://www.volunteertoronto.ca/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1285383&group=