Greetings KAAAV Members:
Here are some opportunities for education for the upcoming months.
1. From Charity Village: How to Give Feedback that Drives Engagement and Performance
Date: Thursday, March 1 at 1pm ET / 10am PT (webinar is one hour in length)
Skill Level: Introductory. This session will be particularly useful to nonprofit leaders and managers.
Cost: Free - Space is limited so register early to avoid disappointment
2. Certification and Recertification packages are now available at PAVRO Certification Application
Earning a Certificate in Volunteer Resources Management (CVRM) is validation of your professionalism, experience and commitment to the field of Volunteer Engagement. Many employers recognize the importance of certification as a requirement in our field.
- Completed certification packages (with accompanying paperwork) must be submitted between October 2017 and January 2018 in order to qualify for presentations at this year’s Annual PAVRO Conference in early May.
- Submissions received after January 15th may not be eligible to receive certification at Conference if edits required.
- Adjudicators will review and comment on submissions received between January 15th to February 28th, allowing time for edits to be made if required.
- Communication of results to authors can be expected in the month of March 2018.
A new option this year is for Certification applicants to be matched through the PAVRO Mentor Program with a CVRM PAVRO member to provide support through the process. Application deadline for the Mentor Program has been extended to October 31st, 2017.
Once CVRM designation received, Recertification is required every three years giving you the incentive to continue your education and stay current in best practices in Volunteer Engagement.